Friday, July 20, 2007

Philosophy of Blogging

With this post, I will have made the complete plunge into the blogosphere. And what a blogosphere it is! With the variety of blogs being so vast, I feel is is necessary for me and perhaps helpful for you for me to establish the purpose of this blog.

1.) To strengthen and stretch my mind as I struggle and grapple with complex issues that I come across in my study or daily interaction with others. Being a Bible student and a lover of God, the majority of my posts will center around the nature of the Trinity and the thirst they have for their own glory.

2.) To increase me joy in God. The Psalmist commands us to delight ourselves in the Lord (Ps 37:4) and Paul later admonishes us to rejoice in the Lord always (Phil 4:4). My prayer is that this blog will nurture both the hearts and minds of the author and the readers.

3.) To use my (and your) time wisely. With this response, I know some may sneer and respond, "You have begun your quest on a blog. Very little could my more time-consuming and wasteful than surfing from one blog to another." I absolutely agree; however, much about blogging is very beneficial. Being that so many individuals are internet-savvy, the field of blogs is drenched with God-fearing, Christ-exalting believers who can sharpen one another. This is my prayer.

May God give me grace to diligently post various thoughtful musings about his nature and the nature of mankind, and may he also give you wisdom as to whether this is a blog that is worthwhile visiting. If it is not, please do not waste your time; it is a precious gift from God. If it is, and if the posting stimulate your mind, engage me on my ideas so that we can more fully comprehend how wide and how deep is the love of God.

No comments: